...and not eating bon-bons.

Friday, January 23, 2015

More Drawstring Bags and Future Projects

After many years, I'm still finding reasons to make these easy lined drawstring bags. The tutorial is by Jeni Baker here. I am so glad to have reasons to make them as they are really fun to make. The two pictured are for preteen girls filled with lotions and sprays from Bath and Body Works. 

This is for a girl who says the word "Moo" like we say "Oh." 

Happy Birthday!

I saw this at a quilt store while visiting relatives in California. It's a bed for an American Girl doll (or really any doll) that is on a large plastic storage tote. The idea is to store the clothes and accessories inside the tote rather than all over the floor. The dust ruffle is attached around the tote covering the tote and the messy wardrobe inside. There is a fitted sheet that goes around the lid. Very simple and very useful!


I saw this on Pinterest and fell in love. I am attracted to quilts that use different fabrics for each block. It's a great way to showcase all those wonderful fabric designs and prints. This block pattern would be easy to figure out and what a great reason to have a fabric swap!

I saw this at a bookstore yesterday and laughed out loud. I guess we laugh at things that we find to be true! 


Happy sewing and quilting!
Julie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment