...and not eating bon-bons.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Yard Sale Season

It's May and the yard sales are popping up everywhere… along with the bulbs and spring flowers. Here are some of my recent finds…
Scallop Handle Large Oval Platter by Wilton Armetale 

The platter was a special find for me. It goes along so nicely with the shell sauce and hors d'oeuvre server pictured below which was given to me by my paternal grandparents for my wedding. 

This one is a Small Oval Au Gratin dish which is part of Wilton Armetale's Gourmet Grillware collection. Yes, it is made to go on the grill. By the way, their products are ovenproof.

Here is a vintage le Creuset saucepan 14 with spout and wood handle. The handle has the word TECK imprinted in the wood handle. You can barely see it in the picture if you look closely. Does anyone know what this means?  (Added 5/16: a customer service rep from Le Creuset told me that the word TECK indicates the wooden handle style). Once I got home I realized it was missing the lid. O'well!

Lastly, I found 5 of these yellow beauties - Bordallo Pinheiro salad plates with a celery, carrot, and tomato pattern and a raised scalloped edge of lettuce. These were found at Goodwill - no chips or scratches.

Happy hunting!

Julie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment