...and not eating bon-bons.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Briar Rose Quilt

 My Briar Rose baby quilt is finished for Sarah's teacher who had her first baby girl. Briar Rose fabric collection is by Heather Rose for Windham Fabrics and the solid green is by Moda Bella Solids called Amelia Green.

The frogs, bees, and strawberries are sweet. This bee is knitting.

I had fun playing around with the decorative stitching on my Bernina 330.  I added 
baby's name in each solid green row. 

 I found some inspiration here from Rita at Red Pepper Quilts to start what she calls an Economy Block Quilt. Traditionally, this block is known as a Square in a Square block. I have a nice collection of novelty prints to fussy cut for the centers. Also, I have a charm pack of dear Stella dots for the outside corners and a good sized collection of solids for the inside corners. Only 76 more to go!

My "second chance" find this month was a beautiful crochet blanket in great condition and perfect for Emma's room. I see a lot of these blankets but not as vibrant and soft as this one. I found one for Sarah in her colors a couple years ago. Here is the link. Wow! Time flies!

Happy day!
Julie B.



No comments:

Post a Comment