...and not eating bon-bons.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Time to Decorate the Tree

 This year I finally got around to making these cute Christmas book ornaments. The idea and tutorial came from this great blog! I had fun finding book images of Christmas classics...

Our heart-felt message inside...

Some special ornaments for the kids...

Merry Christmas 2013!
For the hand written messages, I used white cotton fabric on Heat N Bond (just like I did for the book images) and wrote the messages in an archival, waterproof pen.

 Our elf on the shelf, Nick, and Juliette having some fun in the bathroom. The things they do while we're sleeping! Oh my!

In January, I'm starting a monthly quilt block club at a fabric store I work at in Naperville, IL. I am using a pattern called Half Square Triangle Sampler by Jeni Baker. This is the first block for January. The colors are not what I would usually choose but the store I work at has more of a modern feel to it. This quilt will probably end up with one of my girls or for a silent auction. 

Merry Christmas!
Julie B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment