...and not eating bon-bons.

Monday, December 23, 2013

More Handmade Gifts...

Every Christmas Eve, I give the kids new pillowcases and pajamas. For the pillowcases, I try to find fabric that means something to each one, something that will remind them of the year, a sort of reflection of a sport played, a summer vacation, or a special interest. This year, Sarah joined a rec basketball team; Emma continued travel soccer; Andrew read most, if not all, the Peanuts comic books. He read Calvin and Hobbs too but I didn't think there is fabric for them. I have created a pillowcase tutorial for my beginner-sewing class. You can find the pillowcase tutorial here.


My nephew loves Thomas the Train so I was so excited to find some Thomas fabric, cut it up, and turn it into a colored pencil case. The pattern is from the book Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts.



I add D rings to mine to give the roll a nice, smooth finish rather than tying a bow.

Here is another Mouse in a Hammock ornament completed for a custom order. Doesn't he look peaceful? He's dreaming of Santa brining him a big chunk of cheese.

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

  1. Both of those are so cuuuuute! My son loves Thomas, so he'd go crazy over that pencil roll, and the mouse in a hammock is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete